Cyber Monday is when online retailers are offering their best deals of the 2010 Holiday shopping season. Every year, millions of Americans flock all over the Internet looking for deals and promotions to maximize their gift shopping budget. But how to capitalize on your Cyber Monday Affiliate efforts and maximize your time? Here are some suggestions to maximize your affiliate marketing activities during Cyber Monday:
1. Post About Cyber Monday Deals – this may sounds obvious but the more pages of content you create on your site about various company’s Cyber Monday deals, the more traffic you will get to those pages and possible referral commissions. Make sure to maximize your Page Titles and Post Titles to be relevant to what people are searching for, i.e. “Cyber Monday Deals on Electronics from TheNerds.net – Save up to 60%” or “Best Gift Ideas for Tweens for 2010 with FashionPlaytes.” These would examples of page or post titles. The on-page content is also really important to getting the organic rankings on the exact search phrase or related searches, so include good, varied, thorough copy on the page to maximize the number of searches each page of your site can get.
2. Share it With Your Community – once you create your post or page, you should spread it around through your own social network (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Fan Page) and also post it to “bookmarking” sites like Digg, Delicious, Reddit, LinkedIn Groups, and StumbleUpon. This can help syndicate your posts onto more sites and if the articles get popular they can bring in traffic. Also, submitting your content to 3rd party sites like these can get you extra organic listings for the article’s title and content. Definitely encourage your social friends to Like, Comment, and Share your posts on Facebook by asking for it and also do the same to their status updates. By giving other people Facebook and Twitter love they will do the same for you and help it go viral.
3. Message Your Base – If you are accumulating a database of email address through your website, you should most definitely be sending email newsletter blasts to promote Cyber Monday deals from your favorite Affiliate Advertisers. You can also send an email update to your Facebook Fans quite easily. Make sure you are posting status updates daily and your new site posts through your fan page to encourage fans to check it out and click-through. Really try to interact with your Facebook Fans and actively try to build more Fans at every turn. If you are writing post after post, promoting a bunch of Advertiser’s deals you don’t have to be worried about bother anyone because you are exposing them to new offers every time. Try not to post the same thing repetitively unless it’s a tremendous deal or one that has gotten great responses. Otherwise, keep posting more and more Advertiser’s deals to your base and you will gain more traffic from it.
4. Word of Mouth – telling people to check out your website or blog for some great deals shouldn’t be under-estimated. Having a website that can be emailed, told by phone, or otherwise communicated to your friends and family is great because why wouldn’t some shopping online buy through your site when they can get great deals from all the top merchants online? So make sure to tell people to check out your site or blog for some great shopping deals.
5. Beyond Cyber Monday – Cyber Monday is just the start of great deals from online merchants lasting all through December, so make sure to ask you Affiliate Advertisers for deals on a frequent basis. Posting Holiday deals to your sites and blogs on a frequent basis can really build your site’s page count and can get you more organic traffic, so make sure to post as frequently as possible, more frequently the better.
I hope you like these tips on how to maximize your Cyber Monday and Holiday Season affiliate promotions. If you would like to discuss any of these strategies please let us know. Thanks and have a great Cyber Monday and Holiday Season!