Friday, I presented at AffCon 2010 Affiliate Conference in Miami. It was a really nice conference with lots of great Affiliate Marketing industry people in attendance. The session was nice and full, so there were plenty of people eager to learn about buy and selling paid placements with Affiliates, both from the Advertiser and Affiliate perspective. I gave a presentation about some of the important aspects of paid placements and then we went into a nice, long questions & answers segment. Here are the slides of my presentation for you to check out, please let me know your comments and feedback. Thanks!
Here is the raw content from the presentation:
Types of Affiliates that Sell Placements:
– Large Web Properties: (Orbitz, Geico) Good Banner Placements, Large Newsletter Databases, Shopping Portal, Thank You Pages
– Loyalty Portals & Cash Back Sites: (EBates, UPromise) Category Feature, Newsletter Drops, Huge Memberships
– Coupon & Deal Sites: (CouponMom, DealTaker, CouponCraze) Homepage Placements, Category Featured, Social Postings, Dedicated Merchant Pages, Exclusive Coupons
– Bloggers: (Mommy Bloggers) Sponsored Giveaways, Featured Post, Newsletter Drop, Social Postings
Benefits of Paid Placements – Win Win
– Additional Revenue for Affiliates – Allows Affiliates to fund additional traffic generation like: Paid Search, Facebook Ads, SEO
– Additional Sales/Revenue for Advertisers – Produces additional sales, branding, and customer loyalty.
– Builds the Advertiser/Affiliate Relationship – Spending money goes a long way to deepen the working relationship.
– Creates Additional Exposure, Branding, Traffic, and Sales!!
– IT’S A MONEY TREE! Make it GROW!
Keys to the Game
Test Different Placements and See What Works – ROI isn’t always obvious or immediate.
DON’T BE CHEAP!! Enough Said.
Invest in Your Affiliate Channel – When you spend, you build great relationships with Affiliates for the future.
Seek Them Out – Ask Networks what Affiliates have Paid Placements; Approach Large Affiliates and Suggest It.
Offer Reciprocal Traffic Deals – Trade Placements/Inventory
Build Lasting Partnerships – This is what Affiliate Marketing is all about! Get on the phone and have a great conversation that leads to a great deal and a great friendship!
Thanks for checking out my AffCon presentation on Buying and Selling Premium Placements on Affiliate Sites!