Hey everyone! Thanks for checking out our latest article on affiliate marketing. Every season brings an opportunity for affiliate marketers to capitalize on products and services that are in-demand during that time of year. In order to make sure your content and pages matriculate into the search results in time, you should start your affiliate marketing activities a couple of months prior to that season’s arrival, however over time you can have several pages ranking in the free traffic that you update and expand on an annual basis so they get more traffic. Summer-time presents an opportunity to market in niches like: travel, luggage, swimwear, sunglasses, fashion, weight loss, dating, and other niches that consumers may be focused on leading up to and during the Summer-time. Summer of 2022 should be booming for online services and products due to the pent up demand from the pandemic, so it’s a great time for affiliate marketers to take advance of this by creating content and directing their audiences to their promotions for affiliate offers.
Everyone loves the Summer for various reasons. People like to do things like: travel, participate in outdoor activities, go on vacations, take road trips, go to the beach, and other things you can do when it’s hot out and the weather is generally good. Therefore, affiliate niches that pertain to the summer will be really “hot” from late May through August. Here’s a list of niches/topics that you can match up with advertisers that you can affiliate with and then market to your audience in various ways:
- Luggage and bag sales boom during summer.
- Sunglasses are really in-demand for the summer.
- Weight Loss and dieting are hot topics because people want to lose weight.
- Travel, airfare, hotel, and other related offers convert well during this time.
- Bikini and activewear boom in the summertime.
- A lot of families take road trips, so tires are in demand.
Ok, so you have some ideas for products and services to promote, now what are the best strategies to promote in these niches to create traffic and commissions? Here are some suggested Internet marketing and social media strategies to generate traffic and affiliate commissions in these niches:
- Page Building – building new pages on your website or blog, that you can brand as summer-related deals and coupons for merchants you are affiliating with, is a great idea so the search engines like Google will index and rank those pages bringing organic traffic to your website. You can provide some helpful tips on how to maximize savings on travel and shopping, and other types of helpful tips for your visitors. You can build dedicated pages for advertisers you are promoting and feature their coupons and promotions on the page to encourage conversions and coupon usage. It’s never a bad idea to build out your website with new pages of original content because it creates additional free traffic. So make sure to have a really proactive page building strategy.
- Blogging – blogging is a great way to crank out content focusing on the summer, travel, and having fun out of doors. Blogging is great because you can post as much as you want and then share your posts socially on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and to your subscriber base via email marketing. Making helpful lists of ideas to have fun or save money can be really attractive to visitors looking to maximize their fun and maximize their budget. Use your frame of reference and experience to put together helpful tips. Read other people’s tips and suggestions and then formulate and publish your own versions. The most blog posts you can crank out, the more free traffic you can get from the search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
- Paid Advertising – running pay per click search campaigns to targeted search phrases can be effective if you can match up a search phrase to a page on your site that features deals. For instance, someone searching for “vacation or travel deals” can be dropped to a page on your site featuring some of the best travel deals from your affiliate advertisers. Another example might be “luggage deals,” sending the traffic to a nice page on your site featuring deals and coupons from advertisers that have great deals on luggage. Facebook advertising can be used similarly to target people that are likely to travel and who may be looking for deals. Sometimes you can get really low cost per click traffic from Bing Ads and Facebook targeting people looking for travel deals.
*Note: be careful when buying paid traffic because you have to be able to generate commissions from that traffic, otherwise you could be losing money, so make sure you are directing people from the paid ads to merchants that you are confident will produce conversion for you through your affiliate referrals.
- Newsletter/Email Sending – if you have an email subscriber database, you can put together a really nice newsletter with helpful articles and offers from your affiliate advertisers, then blast it to your subscribers with a great subject line like, “Excellent Deals on travel, luggage, and more!” This underlines the importance of building your email list from the traffic your website or blog gets by doing things like popping up a box asking for their email in exchange for a helpful guide. Make a concerted effort to build up your email list and over time it will produce for you. Using pop-up boxes is probably the best way to build your email list.
- Social Network Pages – you can definitely post the urls to your articles into your Facebook fan page and also boost the post to your fans and their friends so the posts get a lot of engagement. You can also run a small Facebook ad campaigns to increase your Facebook page likes, then when you run a boosted post it should pay dividends for you. You can use some of these same principles with your Twitter account.
- Instagram – building up your Instagram page can really bring you a lot of followers, especially if you travel around and post to it frequently. Make sure to use good hashtagging principles so you can attract more followers. Always makes sure to keep a link to your website in your Instagram profile, so you can get some website traffic from Instagram.
- Niche site building – you can also build a website or blog solely dedicated to summer deals and/or travel tips and suggestions. Over time, if you build it larger and larger with original content, you can expect to achieve good search engine rankings in the organic search results. Once you have the site it never goes anywhere, so make sure to build it out larger with content pages over time. I recommend posting to all of your sites and blogs fairly regularly. You never want your websites to stagnate, even if it’s short posts about news events or deals your affiliate merchants are sending you. Make sure to post to all of your sites on a weekly basis to make sure they never stagnate, in fact the more frequently you can post to your sites or blogs the better. There’s usually a direct correlation between your posting frequency and post length, and how much organic traffic your site will get.
- TikTok – Tiktok is taking the world by storm, so why not create a presence on Tiktok, make product recommendations, and direct people to your blog or IG.
- Pinterest – Pinterest is booming as well, with more than 300 million users, so make sure to pin your blog post images to Pinterest and grow your audience there as well.
- High Commissions – now is a great time to ask your affiliate merchants/brands for higher commission payouts, so you can really focus on driving some serious traffic and sales for them.
- Promotions – promos and offers are the lifeblood of affiliate marketing. Make sure you are blogging and sharing all the latest promotions as your affiliate brands are releasing them. Then share them with your audiences. The more links you share, the more likely you are to generate commissions.
These are a few ideas of how to target your affiliate promotions around certain niches. With the summer-time almost here, it’s a great time to start partnering with advertisers that convert well in various niches related to this season. Let us know what you think of our latest affiliate marketing article. If you are looking to grow your affiliate program with new, productive affiliates, let us know and we will give you a free evaluation. Have a great week!