Hey everyone! I hope you are have a really great New Year so far. I wanted to take a minute to discuss some ways Affiliate Marketers can take advantage of the New Year to earn more commissions. Here is a list of 11 ways Affiliates can promote better and be more effective during the Q1 time-frame:
1. Focus on New Years Resolution Products/Services – during the New Year time-frame, people are trying to do things like: lose weight, stop smoking, find love, get in shape…things like that, so make sure to heavily promote “Resolution” oriented products and services because they tend to covert really well during the Q1 time period.
2. Focus on Building Your Subscriber List – make sure you are prominently displaying your newsletter sign-up, Twitter account, and Facebook Fan Page on your sites and blogs in order to increase the overall rate at which you gain new subscribers. This is always a good idea because you can re-market to your fans, followers, and subscribers during the year.
3. Syndicate Your Content Better – Once you have posted a new review or blog post, make sure you are “syndicating” your content by sharing it on Facebook, Twitter, Digg, Stumbleupon, Delicious, and your other favorite social bookmarking sites. By syndicating each page or blog post you are spreading it around for others to share or like it, which allows other people to be exposed to your content.
4. Increase Your Social Networking Presence – Always make sure to add new Facebook friends, Twitter followers, Foursquare friends, and connect with people on forums and other types of sites that allow you to build friends. Building more friends and followers is always a great idea because you can interact with them later and share your content and pages with them.
5. Message Your Fans and Subscribers More Effectively – Now that you have fans and subscribers to your newsletter, what are you sending them? Make sure you are sending quality, purposeful messages that will be well-received. This is a process that should improve over time until you are sending really professional, effective messages to your subscriber base. Send timely types of promotions and balance your promotions with good content and articles so it will be better received.
6. Build Your Social Networking Karma – social networking is the most power tool there is and will continue to be for the foreseeable future. Make sure you are proactively interacting with your friends and followers by Sharing, Commenting, Retweeting, and Liking their posts (where appropriate). By doing this you will build up a lot of good “social karma”, which increases the likelihood they will Share, Comment, Like, and Retweet your content, which helps it go viral and get more traffic.
7. Ask for Higher Payouts – make sure to ask your Affiliate Advertisers for higher commission amounts, especially if you have produced for the company in the past. Most Advertisers hold back what they can payout, so there is room to go up with commission amounts. If they balk at your request tell them you will go to their competitor and I bet they change their tune quickly.
8. Make Sure to Promote Deals from Your Advertisers – make sure you are promoting current deals and coupon codes from your Advertisers because people like getting and using deals, and they increase the conversion rate on the click-though. If people come to your site and find no promotion they may go elsewhere looking and someone else will get the sale.
9. Learn from other Affiliate Marketers – making friends and learning from other affiliate marketers is a great way to further your own knowledge. Don’t be afraid to share what you know with others so you can get ahead together.
10. Ask for Products to Review/Samples- reviewing products and services is a great way to provide valuable content for your readers and subscribers. Providing an actual product review can be very effective in selling the benefits of the company you are promoting.
11. Produce More Content – content is everything, so make sure to write until your little fingers get sore. Websites tend to rank better in the free traffic when you post frequently to your site or blog, so don’t be afraid to post several times a day to your site. And make sure you are syndicating and sharing all of your new posts!
These are a few ways to improve your Affiliate Marketing efforts in the New Year. Now get to it and build out the web with a bunch of great content!