October 3, 2011
Hey all! I wanted to put an article together about the upcoming Holiday buying season which will be the biggest ever in 2011 according to all indications. “Black Friday,” which falls on November 25th this year and is the day after Thanksgiving, and the following “Cyber Monday” are when online retailers are offering their best deals of the 2011 Holiday shopping season typically. Not to mention this time kicks off the Holiday shopping season for consumers, so demand for deals at popular retailers will be strong. Every year, millions of Americans flock all over the Internet looking for deals and promotions to maximize their gift shopping budget. But how to capitalize on your Black Friday/Cyber Monday Affiliate Marketing efforts and maximize your time spent and commissions? Here are some suggestions to maximize your affiliate marketing activities leading up to the Black Friday / Cyber Monday time-frame:
1. Post About Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals – this may sound obvious but the more pages of unique content you create on your site about various company’s Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals, the more search engine rankings and traffic you will get to those pages, and therefore possible referral commissions. Make sure to maximize your Page Titles and Post Titles to be relevant to what people are searching for, i.e. “Black Friday – Cyber Monday Deals on Electronics from TheNerds.net – Save up to 60%” or “Best Black Friday Gift Ideas for 10 year olds for 2011.” These would be examples of website page or post titles. Your “on-page content” is also really important to getting the organic rankings on the exact search phrase or related searches, so include good, varied, thorough copy on the page about Black Friday/Cyber Monday, to maximize the number of searches each page of your site can get from Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
2. Share it With Your Community/Socially – once you create your post or page, you should spread it around through your own social network (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Fan Page) and also post it to “bookmarking” sites like Digg, Delicious, Reddit, LinkedIn Groups, and StumbleUpon. This can help syndicate your posts onto more sites and if the articles get popular on those social sites they can bring in good traffic. Also, submitting your content to well-ranking 3rd party sites like these can get you extra organic listings for the article’s title and content. Definitely encourage your social friends to Like, Comment, and Share your posts on Facebook by asking for it and also do the same to their status updates. By giving other people Facebook and Twitter love they will do the same for you and help your content go viral. Build out your Facebook Fan Page Discussions area with posts about deals because this area tends to rank well in Google and can bring you more fans. Try to avoid posting the same content in multiple places because it won’t really work for you to get rankings, rather post different variations of the same title and content in multiple places.
3. Message Your Base – If you are accumulating a database of email address through your website, you should most definitely be sending email newsletter blasts to promote Black Friday – Cyber Monday deals from your favorite Affiliate Advertisers. Make sure you are posting Fan Page and personal Facebook status updates daily and sharing your new site posts through your fan page to encourage fans to check it out and click-through. Really try to interact with your Facebook Fans and actively try to build more Fans at every turn. If you are writing post after post, promoting a bunch of Advertiser’s deals you don’t have to be worried about bothering anyone because you are exposing them to new offers every time. Try not to post the same thing repetitively unless it’s a tremendous deal or one that has gotten great responses. Otherwise, keep posting more and more Advertiser’s deals to your base and you will gain more traffic from it. Keep it varied and frequent. Don’t worry about posting too much because you never know which deal will resonate with your fan base.
4. Word of Mouth – telling people to check out your website or blog for some great deals shouldn’t be under-estimated. Having a website that can be emailed, told by phone, or otherwise communicated to your friends and family is great because why wouldn’t someone shopping online buy through your site when they can get great deals from all the top merchants online? So make sure to tell people to check out your site or blog for some great shopping deals whenever you can. Make sure to list deals and coupon from all the Advertisers you are affiliated with so your friends and family will actually get a great deal and get excited about it, which will cause them to return later for more deals.
5. Running Sweepstakes and Contests – Running sweepstakes, contests, and giveaways through WildFireApp.com is a great way to maximize your reach, build fans, and gather data for your newsletter list. The nice thing about WildFireApp is that it gives you a nice footer bar that displays on your website or blog where a prize can be awarded for entering the sweepstakes or contest. You can even convince one of your Affiliate Advertisers to sponsor your sweepstakes and donate the prize so it costs you very little to run the promotion. Then you can promote the Sweepstakes on your site, newsletter, fan page, tweets, and other way you can get the word out about the Sweepstakes. This is a really powerful way to maximize your exposure, grow your Facebook Fans, and build your subscriber list. And it’s extremely affordable to run a basic sweepstakes on your site with WildFireApp.com. Let me know if you have any questions about how to do this effectively.
6. Beyond Black Friday/ Cyber Monday – Black Friday / Cyber Monday is just the start of great deals from online merchants lasting all through December, so make sure to ask you Affiliate Advertisers for deals on a frequent basis. Posting Holiday deals to your sites and blogs on a frequent basis can really build your site’s page count and can get you more organic traffic, so make sure to post as frequently as possible, the more frequently the better. Not to mention you can gain more fans and followers from the new pages of content when you position the Facebook Fan widget in your site’s layout.
I hope you like these tips on how to maximize your Black Friday/Cyber Monday and Holiday Season affiliate promotions. If you would like to discuss any of these strategies please let us know. Thanks and have a great Black Friday/Cyber Monday and Holiday Season!